Thursday, June 3, 2010

Copy Cat Shirt

So--a long time ago I came across THIS post at the Pleated Poppy and fell in love with the pattern. But was not really wanting to spend any money on buying the pattern.

Isn't it adorable?


I figured I would could wear it with either a short or long shirt underneath. Darling!



So I decided to try my hand at copying it on my own.


I had already done a very similar looking dress for my little gal HERE, and so I could probably figure this shirt out.

I started out by cutting out a front and a back in the roughly the size pieces I would need. (I did make some adjustments as I sewed it together and tried it on). But this is what I started with.


Then I made my own bias tape out of the same material to trim out the armholes.
(Which my next post will be a tutorial on making your own bias tape--I had some friends ask how to do it--so I will be showing that soon!)

I sewed up the ties and put a matching band on the bottom--and like magic--I had a new shirt!

If I were to make this again I would definately make a few changes--I really wanted it a bit longer than it ended up (I had to make it shorter because it was TOO TIGHT around my behind! So making is shorter was the better option--trust me--it wasn't pretty!)
But all in all--I think it turned out pretty cute!


Linking Up to:



2 comments:

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails