Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tinting Coconut

So--this may be sort of a silly post--as maybe the whole world already knows how to do this...but while making my little guys B-day cake I needed colored coconut and had never done it before. So maybe some of you are like me and hadn't done it before either.

(Of course I knew it was going to be easy and involve food coloring--but I am an anal person and wanted to get the proportions JUST RIGHT--so I found some instructions--and they worked perfectly. So I thought I would share them with all of you other perfectionists out there!)

So this is how it is done:

You will need:

1 cup coconut

1 tsp water

1 ziploc bag

a few drops of desired liquid coloring



Put the water and coloring in the ziploc bag first and sort of spread it all around. Then you add the coconut. TOSS it all together until it is equally distributed.
And there you have it:

The perfect shades of coconut to do this:

And this:

1 comment:

  1. So adorable!

    Came across your blog from "Better After".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails