Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Baptism Dress

Wow--how time flies!  It is already September and my little girl just turned 8!!!  In our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) children are baptised when they turn 8.  So this was a VERY SPECIAL birthday for our little Nicole.  She has been counting down the days until her birthday and her baptism (which happened to be on the same day!).

So for this special occasion I made her a little white dress.  Lately I have seen many wedding dresses that have a colored sash--and I LOVE the pop of color it brings to a pretty white dress.  So I decided to try the same idea with her dress.  I used THIS tutorial (from one of my favorite gals--at Make it and Love it) for the base of the dress (and yes--the top is a t-shirt)--and then I made a bunch of changes and embellishments of my own.

And this is what I came up with:

We paired it with her Ruffly Socks I made HERE.
And I made a flower hair elastic to match the flowers on the front of her dress.

And here she is with her Daddy before the baptism in their baptismal clothes.  Notice how the smallest suit had to be rolled up a few times for her to fit into it!!!  When I refer to her as my LITTLE girl--I am speaking quite literally!!

Here she is with a few of her friends--and YES--they are the same age!


Here we are: Our cute little family:


And here we are--our cute bigger family:
(We were very blessed to have BOTH sets of Grandparents AND my Hubby's Sister and Her Family there to celebrate this awesome day with us!)


Happy Birthday My LITTLE Nicole!  We love you and are proud of you!!


6 comments:

  1. It turned out so great! I love it! I want to make one of these for Catie when she's older. The pink sash is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...she looks so cute in her new dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an adorable dress. And a good look'n family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! you did a great job on that lil dress. aw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a beautiful girl in a charming dress! What an awesome mommy! Blessings!

    Baptism Clothes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails