Sunday, February 27, 2011

Kitchen Curtains--Take 3

WOW!!!  It has been a whirlwind month for me!  I had a couple of weeks where I was down and out recovering from surgery.  We also found, fell in love with, and made an offer on a NEW HOUSE (more to come on that later).  Our van died on us and had to be towed to the mechanic for one last revival (it has 200,000 miles on it) so it can last us another month till we close on our house and then--hopefully we can get a new one.  We have also had family visiting us from out of town--which has been wonderful--and busy!

So--I am finally sitting down to re-cap on a bunch of projects that have been done FOREVER--I just hadn't gotten the time to get them posted!!

So here is project recap #1--Kitchen Curtains--Take 3.

If you will remember, I made new curtains not long ago--and I loved them--until I painted our kitchen back splash!  Then they looked WAY out of place:

I wanted to sew up some curtains to match--but after searching HIGH and LOW--I COULDN'T FIND any fabric that matched!!

But I did find some curtain panels at Target for only $9.99 each.  And they were long enough that I could get four curtains out of 3 panels and still have enough fabric left over for another project (I will show you later).

This is a close up of the fabric:

I love it!!  It has a nice stripe to it and the fabric has a little sheen to it.  Very rich looking!  And the color matches the back splash PERFECTLY!!

So I cut the panels up and did some button holes at the top for the rod to go through--cause I like that look better than just a rod pocket.

And for just $30--I had some new curtains for my kitchen!


And the best part of the whole thing?  My good friend Tracy wanted the old curtains for her house!  So she bought them from me!!  SO I didn't have to waste such cute curtains!!

And I think they look WAY better in her house then they did in mine anyways!


And now, my kitchen truly is complete...


Just in time for us to move into our new house!!

Isn't that just how it goes sometimes!?


1 comment:

  1. Wow...it has been a whirlwind month for you...talk about highs and lows! The new curtains look great! Looking forward to reading about your new house! I'm your newest follower. :). Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails